Saturday, August 2, 2008

UH - OH

Simon said uh- oh yesterday finally. I have been trying forever to get him to say it. He pauses in between the uh and the oh but it is so cute to see him trying. I went clothes shopping with a friend yesterday and Simon did not want to stay in the stroller, and you can't keep a boy in one place for long. I ended up walking all around the store with him exploring the hangers and mirrors and toys. A particular toy was found on the ground in a miscellaneous spot. A Tonka lime green race car. It was love at first site. I would push it real far down the walkway and he would literally fall over himself running to catch it. I knew we were going to have to buy it, but upon further examination I found no price tag and it looked pretty worn. We asked an employee if they had any idea if it was for sale or a lost toy. The second we handed it over to her to examine it Simon pitched a huge fit and did everything he could to get behind the counter to get his toy back. Laughin at Simon she handed it back. It turned out it was a lost toy. Leaving my number for the owner to claim if they return we took Simon and his free toy and left.