Thursday, August 21, 2008

Move Ins and Move Outs

The crazy time of year has arrived for us. It is all the move outs and move ins for the apartment. Getting organized and planning ahead was essential. It has really paid off too. We are half way through it. One more Move in to go this weekend. Every day for the past two weeks I have been getting up at the crack of dawn. Painting crew and Cleaning crew arrive at 8am. It is so hard to leave Simon and Georges so early in the morning in the house. Lunch breaks are a joke to fit in. Even if I do get home for one I usually get a call that pulls me right back after a few minutes. But great news!!! We are finally full for Fall. The last contract came to our fax yesterday. We hit 248!!! The stress just cut in half. Of course we were bound to get full, but until you hit that moment it is a lot of work. People are draining. Lori, my neighbor friend made me a yummy potato soup for lunch and I actually got to sit and eat it without any interuption calls yesterday. So things have instantly gotten better. We have been very lucky that things have been runnging smoothly. My boss is exstatic and rewarded us in our paycheck!!! Yipee!!! Too bad it goes into savings for Simon. I can't wait until this weekend is over so I can relax more and play with my Simon.

Since losing my recently trained assistant, Danielle, my sister, was recruited for help. And she has been wonderful!! We have experienced some wild encounters with tenants and prospects. Recently a tenant was putting up fighting with us. It didn't take too many insults from this guy to get Danielle upset. After the 3rd or 4th insult Danielle butted in and said, "Dude, if you insult her one more time". . .I would have loved to here the end of the sentence, but I couldn't allow her to go off, so I gave her a stirn look and a shake of the head and said, "Danielle, We can't". She tried again to defend me, which is so sweet of her.

No comments: