Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

It was Georges first fathers day today. We all gathered at Grandmas house in celebration. Simon united again with his cousin Nixon for playtime. He was so exhausted from having skipped his afternoon nap that I was impressed he lasted as long as he did. David cooked some amazing BBQ and we all pigged out including the little ones. Byron and Bejana treated everyone to yummy strawberry shakes. And nixon had fun getting it all over himself. They played on the grass, on the trampoline, and Simon played with Davids newly placed rocks tossing them as far as he could throw. After a fun game of Name the famous person we had to quickly take Simon home because he was so tired. In the car we glanced back at him and his eyes were open, then five minutes later I looked back again because he was so quiet and I watched as his head flopped down with eyes closed fast asleep. Poor thing. He played so hard.

No comments: