.jpg)
Merry Christmas Everyone!! It is a little early, but we will be leaving soon and I wanted to make sure and write. For Christmas this year we are going to join Georges family in Haiti. I have been waiting 4 years to go there and meet his family and see where this man I love came from. So we are so excited that this day is not far away. We dream of Christmas on the beach already!! In WARM weather. Not that there is anything wrong with a White Christmas, but I look foward to being in a bathing suit instead of snow boots and a hat. Our camaras are ready to go so I will be sure to take lots of pictures. Simon has already opened all his Christmas presents. He got a Tool set (since he loves to find and play with Daddys), cars (of course!), and a big toy boat (to make bath time more exciting). However now he cries when I take him out. Grandma Tami got him a big wheeler. It is too cold of course to go outside with so he tries to push it around the kitchen. He doesn't have the coordination to bicycle, but his legs don't reach it anyway. Last Sunday we had our Family Christmas Gathering at Moms. It was nice this year to have Simon older and able to stay up longer to play. He fought with Cousin Nixon over the toys they got. Dinner was yummy and Simon actually ate his carrots. We sang some christmas songs and had some good laughs at our chaotic family. Georges and I decided this year to go shopping together for each others Christmas Presents. I got two new bathing suits. And he got a pair of new church shoes, and I actually finally found him a new, nice jacket. The man has such long arms, nothing ever fits him!! He is not an easy man to buy for. Wanting to save as much money for Haiti, he didn't even want to have a Christmas present. It is truly a miracle that we are going. I know it will be amazing and one of the most memorable moments in our families life. It is truly a wonderful blessing to go and give a great ending to 2008 and a great beginning for 2009.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. LOVE YOU ALL!!!
4 comments:
Merry Christmas, have fun in Haiti; it will be wonderful to be with family! Simon looks so cute; he is getting so big--wow!
I was thinking of you the other day--glad to hear things are going well for you. I am thankful that we were companions and that I could learn so much from you.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
-ps great Chinese Halloween costume by the way :)
I don't know if I missed you already - but what an amazing trip! I hope you guys have the most wonderful time. Take a journal (or a laptop) along with your camera so you don't forget anything. Merry Christmas and I'll see you next year!
I'm just now discovering that all my cousins have blogs!
This is a belated Merry Christmas! I just now discovered your blog. Your family picture in front of the tree is beautiful. You look fantastic in that rich shade of red. Did you receive our holiday greeting? Ken & Julia took on the project this year, and I'm worried that not everyone got theirs. Let me know, so I can send you one if yours didn't come. It's just a family picture that was sent after Christmas, naturally.
Post a Comment